COMPOSTION KETOCONAZOLE IP 2.0%W/W
- Class: imidazole fungicidal agent.
- Broad spectrum of activity against many fungal species and good absorption.
- Used for treatment of superficial and systemic fungal infection.
- Not indicated in the treatment of fungal meningitis because it does not penetrate the cerebrospinal fluid.
- It treat skin infections which may appear –
- on the feet (Athlete’s foot)
- in the groin area (jock itch)
- between skin folds (sweat rash infected with a yeast infection “thrush”).
- It is also used for candida infections of skin and nails.