Voriconazole is used to treat a variety of fungal infections. It belongs to a class of drugs known as azole antifungals. It works by stopping the growth of fungi.
COMPOSTION: VORICONAZOLE 200MG
- Class: Triazole antifungal medication.
- fungal infections in immunocompromised patients.
- Useful against some fluconazole-resistant organisms.
- Also effective against serious fungal infections caused by Scedosporium apiospermumand Fusarium
- Should be administered primarily to patients with progressive, possibly life-threatening infections.
- Invasive aspergillosis
- Esophageal candidiasis
- Candidaemia in non-neutropenic patients.
- Fluconazole-resistant serious invasive Candidainfections (including krusei).
- 5) Serious fungal infections caused by Scedosporium and Fusariumspp