COMPOSTION: WHITE SOFT PARAFFIN IP 15% W/V +
LIGHT LIQUID PARAFFIN IP 6% W/V
WHITE SOFT PARAFFIN
- CLASS: emollient, skin lubricant.
- used as a barrier cream by providing a layer of oil on the surface of the skin to prevent water evaporating from the skin surface
LIGHT LIQUID PARAFFIN
- very highly refined mineral oil.
- It is an soothing agent (a substance that soothes or softens the skin).
- Used to treat : itchy,irritating dry skin problems such as eczema and dermatitis.
- Eczema:is a disease in which skin patches become inflamed and rough with sores which may lead to itching and bleeding. The skin losses moisture and it may peel, crack, and irritated and the skin becomes dry.
- flaking chapped skin
- ichthyosis (abnormality in skin growth that results in drying and scaling).
- Beneficial in pruritus (severe itching)
- dermatitis (inflammation of the skin)
- the dry stage of eczema
- Helpful for the elderly (in itching and dryness associated with ageing skin)